Potato Latkes Recipe
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Coarsely grate potatoes and onion; drain any liquid. Place in a bowl; add green onions, egg, salt and pepper.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/8 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Flatten to form patties. Fry until golden brown; turn and cook the other side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Potato Latkes(1)
Sort By :
I can tell that not a really orthodox jew made this recipe. I'm an orthodox jew and i'll tell you what a good latka is to be like, use as many potatoes as you like with the equivalent amount of eggs, for example 5 potatoes to 5 eggs, spice it well : red pepper, garlic powder, black pepper and salt, sufficient oil in batter and for frying, with a little seltzer to fluff it up. ladle in heaping spoonfuls in oily pan, do NOT deep fry - oil may just about reach a quarter lenghthwise into latka. Let cook on each side until well golden, ENJOY IT'S YUMMMMMMY Traditional Jewish latkas - Happy Chanukah.