Potato Lasagna Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 medium potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and toss to coat; spread evenly in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. cover tightly with foil. bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Cool at least 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage and onion; drain. Combine spinach, ricotta, crumbs, cayenne, salt and pepper; mix well. Arrange a third of the potatoes evenly in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the spinach mixture, half of the sausage and half of the mozzarella. Repeat with a third of the potatoes and the remaining spinach, sausage and mozzarella. Pour broth over all. Top with remaining potatoes; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 346 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Potato Lasagna
"This was a pretty good recipe, but it felt like it was lacking tomato! Next time, I'm adding a can of tomato sauce and one of diced tomatoes. Overall good flavor, however. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I was skeptical at first, but this recipe was fantastic! I like crispy potatoes, so I didn't cover them as they cooked. The dish was yuuuuuummy!"
"This recipe was tasty and filling. The sausage gives it a nice flavor."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.