Alternate grating the potatoes and onions, and the potatoes will stay nice and white.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 large potatoes (about 4-3/4 pounds), peeled
- 1 large onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, matzo meal,
- salt and pepper.
- In a food processor fitted with the grating attachment, alternately
- grate potatoes and onion. Add to egg mixture; toss to coat. In a
- small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until warmed. Stir into
- potato mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake
- 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 210 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.