The secret to keeping your potatoes their whitest is to switch back and forth when grating the potatoes and onion in your food processor or box grater. —Ellen Ruzinsky, Yorktown Heights, NY
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 large potatoes (about 4-3/4 pounds), peeled
- 1 large onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, matzo meal,
- salt and pepper.
- In a food processor fitted with the grating attachment, alternately
- grate potatoes and onion. Add to egg mixture; toss to coat. In a
- small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until warmed. Stir into
- potato mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake
- 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 210 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.