- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Sort By :
"Just made this tonight.. We LOVED it!! Doubled it for our family and we have no left overs. Even my picky grand-daughter ate it up. Not a fan of thyme, so I added parsley. The tangy sweetness of the sauce works so well. If your like me and "don't like mustard", I must say DO NOT skip the dijon in the sauce. I would have liked more sauce, as it was a little dry but the flavors definitely have us hooked!!"
"Simple and delicious! We had no leftovers, made two servings for two hungry adults. I only made very minor adjustments. Three slices of bacon was plenty, fried the ingredients in the bacon drippings instead of using olive oil, didn't use any thyme, added salt. I overcooked my potatoes accidentally so they came out a bit mushy but it was still very good."
"Absolutely a wonderful dish. I use Andouille sausage just for extra flavor."
"My family loved it! They said this was a keeper. I made it just as the recipe said, no changes."
"Excellent!! The hubby loved it and has requested I make it again. Defiantly a keeper!"