- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Sort By :
"Really enjoyed this recipe. It did need a bit of salt for the potatoes in my opinion. red bell peppers were a nice addition."
"My husband and I really like it."
"You have to like the sweet and tart taste"
"Very good and easy. I didn't have cider vinegar so I used red wine vinegar instead. Probably didn't make a difference. I think I'll make more of the sauce next time since it seemed a little skimpy. I also used precooked bacon which saved me the hassle of having to fry some up. Will definitely make again. Good old comfort food."
"My family loves this. the little ones are crazy about the sauce so i just add the sauce last and scoop out the meat potatoes and spinach and everyone is a happy camper."