Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet(248)
Sort By :
Delicious! Used bacon bits because it was easier.
I love this recipe, instead of using spinach, I used broccoli. This is just a basic recipe. Use your imagination with it. I also put my potatoes after boiling them in the oven to make it crispy. Just do what you feel, it will turn out great!
This was excellent! My husband didn't like the spinach, but other than that he liked it (which is rare!).
great taste , nutritous
The Fam loved it! I did change it up a little bit. I boiled the potatoes for @ 10 min, cut them up, put them in a 13x9 coated generously with coconut oil, tossed them to coat, placed in broiler until crispy tossing every min or two to even the crisp. Sprinkled 1/2 C Gouda cheese on top of the potatoes then spooned the spinach/kielbasa/bacon mixture on top. Serve immediately. Loved it!