Potato Kale Sausage Soup Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat fully cooked Polish sausage or turkey kielbasa, sliced
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes slightly. Add the kale, beans and sausage; cook over medium-low heat until kale is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Potato Kale Sausage Soup(5)
Sort By :
Tastes great! We have made this several times - we like Butterball Turkey Sausage/Polska Kielbasa best. We use one sausage per batch. (P.S. Make sure kale is tender!)
Family loves this! I had to try this.Very simple recipe and so tasty.I will be making this again.
This was a wonderful, hearty, surprisingly flavorful soup! It really hit the spot. I didn't have reduced sodium chicken broth, so I used regular. With the added salt in the recipe, it was a bit too salty, so I would leave out the added salt next time. But otherwise, it was delicious! It was simple to make and is a great way to sneak in a dark leafy vegetable for people who wouldn't normally want to eat them.
Thank you so much for this delicious recipe! When I'd tried braising kale, I did not like it. I gave it a second chance in this recipe and I am really glad I did! This soup is nutritious and delicious. This recipe is definitely a keeper for making again!
This is a very easy recipe, tastes great and is nutritious... my husband says there's too much kale, ao you can cut back on it if you wish, but I like it w/the amount in the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Kale Soup >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >