Potato Ham Skillet Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. In the skillet, layer half of the potatoes, salt, pepper, onions, green pepper and ham; repeat layers. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour eggs over the top. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Potato Ham Skillet(6)
Sort By :
This was so good. My boyfriend had 3 helpings and another serving for lunch the next day. Definitely will make this again.
I never got to taste this, but my family did and they apparently loved it and ate the whole thing. Was very easy and simple and had good old-fashioned flavors that most everyone loves. I did not have green pepper on hand so in place of that I used some fresh snipped chives for color which worked great. However, the one problem I had was that even keeping the skillet on the lowest heat possible and cooking it for the minimum time it burnt to the pan and I ended up scraping the stuff on the bottom into the trash. I checked the instructions and there was no direction on what kind of skillet to use. I used a cast iron skillet. Other than that, good recipe.
My family LOVED this recipe, and are already asking me to make it again and double it!
Very easy to make & delicious!
I loved this! I was worried the potatoes would not cook through, but they did! My husband and I split this dish for dinner and enjoyed it.
Makes a quick, easy supper with ingredients you always have on hand!