Potato Ham Omelet Pie Recipe
- 1 package (17-1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups sliced red potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll each puff pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Place one square in a 10-in. quiche dish; set dish and remaining pastry aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add potatoes, onion, salt and pepper; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, parsley, water, salt and pepper. In a 10-in. skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add half of the egg mixture. Cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Continue cooking until set. Slide omelet onto a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining butter and egg mixture to make a second omelet.
- 4. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over prepared pastry. Top with one omelet and half of the potato mixture. Layer with ham and the remaining potato mixture, cheese, omelet and puff pastry. Trim pastry to fit dish; seal and flute edges.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine egg and water; brush over pastry. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 628 calories, 40g fat (17g saturated fat), 253mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Potato Ham Omelet Pie
"Time consuming but worth the effort. I used a very thick slice of deli ham, cubed. Lots of rave reviews for this one! Thanks!"
"I made this for breakfast and it was really good. Thanks Danielle in showing us how to make it."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer