Potato Ham Chowder Recipe
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the ham, onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes or until ham is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add the broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into chowder. Add dill and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 319 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,286 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Potato Ham Chowder
"Very, very good! Everyone enjoyed it. I added some carrot for extra veggie, otherwise made it just as it says to."
"This is a really good chowder. I served it with ciabatta cheese bread."
"I added a extra cup of milk, 1 tbsp of flour, and 1/2 C of corn for my own unique chowder (extra dill to taste)"
"My family loved it,even my 2yr. old granddaughter."
"This chowder is delicious. I added chopped broccoli (which I steamed for just a few minutes), packaged cubed ham, and used packaged diced potatoes with onion which saved prep and cooking time. I also added chives, parsley and dry ranch seasoning mix. Will definitely make again and again!"