Potato Green Bean Medley Recipe
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 4 to 6 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. To reserved drippings, add the potatoes, green beans, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Drain if necessary. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 3 servings.
3/4 cup: 294 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Potato Green Bean Medley
"This was delicious!! I used chicken broth instead of water, definitely a keeper."
"potatoes, gr.beans, bacon, salt & pep-I thought "what's the big deal" but, these were better than I expected. Doubled it and left the bacon off top b/c my daughter ate it while I was out of kitchen LOL"
"Fast and easy, a hit in new years eve 2011 celebration...."
"Made this many yrs. ago when it was first published. Went hunting for it to add it to my recipe box. It is one of those recipes that I saved, have made many times and wrote "VERY GOOD" on it."
"Delicious recipe.To save time we keep our bacon drippings in the refrigerator and freeze crumbled left over bacon pieces. So we didn't have to wait for the bacon to cook."
"We love this recipe..simple and delicious"
"I like to add carrots julienne cut."