Potato Green Bean Medley
I usually start preparing this first for the meal. I often use the fresh beans from our big backyard vegetable garden.—Bonnie Evans, Cameron, North Carolina
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 4 to 6 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- To reserved drippings, add the potatoes, green beans, water, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 15-20
- minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Drain if necessary.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 294 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.