Potato Gnocchi Recipe
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, flour and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yolk and olive oil; add to potato mixture. Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead for 3-5 minutes or until smooth. Divide into fourths. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 3/4-in.-thick rope; cut into 1-in. pieces.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 45-60 seconds or until they rise to the surface. Remove with a strainer. Serve spaghetti sauce over gnocchi; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 283 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 934mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Potato Gnocchi
"Holy gnocchi!!! This made so many. Next time I will make them a bit smaller. I was in a hurry and didn't cut them small enough. As with anything made the first time, there are always improvements that one can make. I did add rosemary, oregano and basil to the recipe because I wanted that herb flavor!!!! Man, it was great. Light and fluffy and yummy. My husband wants them again. Oh, another thing I did was to boil them in a quart of chicken stock and two quarts of water. That helped to infuse flavor as well."
"Forgot to rate!!"
"This is a great recipe, I have been looking for an easy gnocchi recipe, my mother used to make these all the time, the hard way. I made yesterday and couldn't believe how easy and quick. I even froze some. Thanks!!"
"VERY GOOD! i cooked up a huge batch and had not one left everyone loved it! the next time i made two batches so i could freeze some i froze them after they were cooked and just boiled them in a bag to reewarm and thaw the,m super yummy"
"Question: How do I save my gnocchi after making? Can I freeze it? How long will it last? Do I cook it before or after saving? Thank you ."