"My father was Italian and made this traditional dish when company visited," shares Ruth Fiori Poyner of Boise, Idaho. "The tender, homemade pasta is as tantalizing today as it was when I was a child."
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, flour and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yolk and olive oil; add to potato mixture. Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead for 3-5 minutes or until smooth. Divide into fourths. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 3/4-in.-thick rope; cut into 1-in. pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 45-60 seconds or until they rise to the surface. Remove with a strainer. Serve spaghetti sauce over gnocchi; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Gnocchi in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p49
Reviews for Potato Gnocchi
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review