In 1975, I took a trip to Spain to visit my nephew who was in the Air Force. While touring the small towns and villages, we could always buy a fresh slice of potato frittata. It was so tasty and filling, I just had to make my own version of it when I returned home!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham or cooked bulk pork sausage
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut diagonally
- In a 10- or 12-in. skillet, saute potatoes, onion and green pepper in
- oil until potatoes are tender. Add the meat and heat through.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over
- potato mixture. Do not stir. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for
- 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until top is lightly
- browned. Arrange cheese slices on top; let stand 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 278 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.