Potato Frittata Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham or cooked bulk pork sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut diagonally
- 1. In a 10- or 12-in. skillet, saute potatoes, onion and green pepper in oil until potatoes are tender. Add the meat and heat through.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture. Do not stir. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- 3. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Arrange cheese slices on top; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 278 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Frittata
"My kids and I enjoyed this, but we all three agree'd that it seemed to lack some flavor. I think by adding a few extra seasonings that this would be excellent. It cooked up nicely, and didn't scorch the bottom. Served up pretty too. :)"