In 1975, I took a trip to Spain to visit my nephew who was in the Air Force. While touring the small towns and villages, we could always buy a fresh slice of potato frittata. It was so tasty and filling, I just had to make my own version of it when I returned home!
Featured In: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham or cooked Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut diagonally
- In a 10- or 12-in. skillet, saute potatoes, onion and green pepper in oil until potatoes are tender. Add the meat and heat through.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture. Do not stir. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Arrange cheese slices on top; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Frittata in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p45
Reviews for Potato Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 23, 2011
"My kids and I enjoyed this, but we all three agree'd that it seemed to lack some flavor. I think by adding a few extra seasonings that this would be excellent. It cooked up nicely, and didn't scorch the bottom. Served up pretty too. :)"