Potato Floret Packet
"This side dish was developed by my daughter, Betsey, who worked in a group home," relates Janet Hayes of Hermantown, Minnesota. "When they would grill out, this attractive veggie medley was a favorite of the residents there."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic
- salt and pepper. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil
- (about 17 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around potato mixture and seal
- tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until
- the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with garlic powder and reduced-fat cheese) equals 136 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.