Potato Floret Packet Recipe
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with garlic powder and reduced-fat cheese) equals 136 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.