Potato Egg Supper
"I serve this convenient all-in-one casserole with a green salad or pickled beets," informs Rosemary Flexman, Waukesha, Wisconsin. "I've taken it to church suppers many times. It's always a hit."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with
- bacon, eggs and remaining potatoes. In a saucepan, combine the soup,
- milk, onion and peppers. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Pour over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 474 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 260 mg cholesterol, 991 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.