Potato Egg Bake Recipe
No one will ever guess that this nutritious, mouthwatering breakfast bake is lighter! Potatoes give it a hearty base, and the cheese and veggies pile on color and wonderful flavor. —Rena Charboneau, Gansevoort, New York
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. Spread potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with the broccoli, onions and red pepper.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 235 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC