- slotted spoon; drain and keep warm in a 2-qt. baking dish.
- For the sauce, saute onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour.
- Add cream and broth all at once. Cook, stirring constantly, until
- thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup Swiss cheese and 1/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese. Pour over dumplings; sprinkle with remaining
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly and golden
- brown on top. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8-10
Editor's Note: Dumplings may also be dropped by teaspoonfuls into boiling water instead of using a pastry bag.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 201 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.