Potato Cucumber Soup Recipe
- 3 cups cold water
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 large or 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water, potatoes, salt and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender. Cool.
- 2. Puree in a blender until smooth. Return to the saucepan. Stir in the cream, milk, onion and cucumber. Add additional milk if soup is too thick. Cook and stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Season with dill. Yield: 2 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 216 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Cucumber Soup
"This was very bland. I didn't like it at all."