You’ll reel in raves with this quick-fixing seafood supper that’s as pretty as a picture. The crispy potato-crusted fillets are so tender and tasty. “They’re great with steamed green beans and rice pilaf.” —Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine potato
- flakes and thyme. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dip in eggs
- and coat with potato mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil in batches over medium heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 368 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.