Potato-Crusted Snapper Recipe
You’ll reel in raves with this quick-fixing seafood supper that’s as pretty as a picture. The crispy potato-crusted fillets are so tender and tasty. “They’re great with steamed green beans and rice pilaf.” —Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine potato flakes and thyme. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dip in eggs and coat with potato mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil in batches over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato-Crusted Snapper in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Potato-Crusted Snapper(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review