Potato-Crust Pizza Recipe
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine potatoes, egg, Parmesan cheese, butter and salt. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Spread pizza sauce over potato mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with pepperoni and mushrooms. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Editor's Note: An 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish can be used instead of the pie plate.
1 piece: 293 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1518mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Potato-Crust Pizza
"Not to my taste. Mashed potatoes did not make a good crust - it tasted like mashed potatoes with pizza toppings. I will not make it again. I even tried pre-baking the 'crust' so it would have a chance to dry out a little bit."