Potato-Crust Chicken Quiche
Shredded hash browns form the golden crust in this comforting quiche shared by reader Halina D'Arienzo from Murells Inlet, South Carolina. "Sometimes I'll substitute diced cooked ham, flaked tuna or sliced mushrooms for the chicken in this favorite recipe of mine," she says.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pat hash browns with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press
- into a well-greased 9-in. pie plate; brush with butter. Bake at
- 425° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce heat to
- Sprinkle cheese and chicken into the crust. In a bowl, beat the eggs,
- cream and salt; pour over chicken. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5
- minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.