- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pat hash browns with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into a well-greased 9-in. pie plate; brush with butter. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Sprinkle cheese and chicken into the crust. In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream and salt; pour over chicken. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Potato-Crust Chicken Quiche
"This is an awesome recipe!! It is a hit every time I make it!! However, I have made a few changes. First, I put the hash browns in a 9 X 13 pan and use the entire 36 oz. bag of the shredded frozen hash browns. Then, I use either 1 lb. breakfast or hot sausage instead of chicken. I double the amount of cheese, eggs, half and half, and salt. I use monterey jack cheese if I use the hot sausage. bake as directed. This will serve at least 12 - 15 people. It is so delicious!!"
"We LOVE this recipe for the crust. I especially appreciate it now that we have gone Gluten Free....so tasty and just perfect. Thank you for the delicious recipes."
"My kids all love this recipe! They are rather picky and this is one that they beg for. We love it!"
"I get rave reviews, and everyone wants the recipe when I make this quiche. Absolutely love it."