Potato Chowder Recipe
"One of the ladies in our church quilting group brought this savory potato soup to a meeting," recalls Anna Mayer from Ft. Branch, Indiana. It's easy to assemble in the morning, then cook all day. Cream cheese and a sprinkling of bacon provide richness.
- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Minced chives, optional
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Add cream cheese; stir until blended. Garnish with bacon and chives if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 179 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC