"One of the ladies in our church quilting group brought this savory potato soup to a meeting," recalls Anna Mayer from Ft. Branch, Indiana. It's easy to assemble in the morning, then cook all day. Cream cheese and a sprinkling of bacon provide richness.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and
- cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream cheese; stir until blended. Garnish with bacon and chives
- if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 179 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.