Potato Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks, potatoes, water and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture. In a small bowl; beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter along with walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Potato Chocolate Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p21
Reviews for Potato Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review