Potato Chive Soup Recipe
The homespun flavor in every spoonful of this delicate cream soup disguises its easy preparation. Based on a favorite restaurant soup, this version comes in handy when there are extra mashed potatoes from a holiday meal. —Linda Harrington, Hudson, New Hampshire
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- Oyster crackers, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add chives; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in broth and potatoes.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, process mixture in batches until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in cream. Heat through (do not boil). Serve with crackers if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 293 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 791mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Potato Chive Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC