Potato Chip Potatoes
If you are looking to bring a new side dish to the table, try this recipe. I hate to throw out the crushed chips at the bottom of potato chip bags so they make a savory crunch topping for this hearty favorite.Debra Hartze, Zeeland, North Dakota
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup of potato chips,
- onion, butter, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- remaining potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50
- minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 156 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.