Potato Chip Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup of potato chips, onion, butter, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 156 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Potato Chip Potatoes
"I also upped the butter right away. :)"
"We didn't care for this recipe. Very bland and the potato chips added nothing to the flavor. Bleh.."
"Very good easy side dish. To put them really over the top I made them loaded by adding, real bacon bits, cheese and green onions to the potato chip topping."
"These were great! I added garlic to them."
"The potatoes dried out terribly. I added more butter and put the lid on to bake for an additional 10 minutes after the initial 30. Helped a little bit but still pretty dry."
"What a GREAT idea! I can't wait to serve this at my next get-together!"
"It was o.k. Not one of my favourites, but I would make it again. My husband liked it though, as did 2 outta 3 of my kiddies :)"
"you need to add 1 can of chedder cheese soup and half a can of milk. so good when the cheese is added."
"I made it with crushed sour cream and onion chips! Loved the flavor. I think it would be really good made with other potato chip flavors as well!"
"It took a little longer to cook than the recipe said, but my husband thought they were great!"
"this was really really good i used green onions instead gave it great flavor will make again"