If you are looking to bring a new side dish to the table, try this recipe. I hate to throw out the crushed chips at the bottom of potato chip bags so they make a savory crunch topping for this hearty favorite.—Debra Hartze, Zeeland, North Dakota
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup of potato chips, onion, butter, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Chip Potatoes in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p7
Reviews for Potato Chip Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review