I usually have all sorts of baked goodies waiting for my family when they come home for the holidays. No matter how fancy the other cookies are, these are usually the first to go.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips
- Additional crushed potato chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans and 1 cup potato chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. If desired, top cookies with additional chips.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Potato Chip Crunchies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p37
Reviews for Potato Chip Crunchies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review