- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips
- Additional crushed potato chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans and 1 cup potato chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. If desired, top cookies with additional chips.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews for Potato Chip Crunchies
"This is one of my favorite non-chocolate cookies! I love the combination of salty-slightly sweet and crunchy. I usually make them with walnuts (because they're more available where I live), but I like them better with pecans."
"I threw them away. Bland. A little greasy. Followed the recipe to a T. Didn't really taste like much of anything."
"Wow! Who would have thought? Easy and delicious too! With Potato chips no less! My husband loved these and they really are like Pecan Sandies; only better."
"[quote user="sauceen"]back again...can someone tell me why i can not print some recipes,like this one??????click on and does not work????i know this off the recipe,but i really want to know what to do to get them....thanks sauceen [/quote] Sauceen, I always highlight and cut and paste into a word document. That way I can adjust the recipe or add other ingredients. I then save it to my own file in recipes. I've found that when I use the print option on recipe sights, I wind up having other things printed that I don't need, thus wasting ink! Hope this helps. Joyce"
"The cookie did not live up to my expectations. I would spend my ingredients on a much better recipe!"
"These potatoe chip cookies are wonderful! My Favorite! So easy and so very good!"
"I made them even though I questioned the lack of leavening. They don't need it! They have the texture of a shortbread. They are wonderful - I can't keep my hands off them. Might try drizzling a little melted chocolate over them next time but I don't think they really need it."
"back again...can someone tell me why i can not print some recipes,like this one??????click on and does not work????i know this off the recipe,but i really want to know what to do to get them....thanks sauceen"
"i also wonder about the levening,but i have a silly question....can you taste the pot. chips????i have heard of these before,but never saw a recipe,and statements were they are good.....thanks sauceen"