Potato Chip Cookies Recipe
"A friend at work shared this wonderful recipe," pends Irene Carey of Hansville, Wisconsin. Potato chips give these buttery cookies a unique flavor. They're simple to make and so good."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup crushed ridged potato chips
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in potato chips and pecans. Add vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour just until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in flour. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Potato Chip Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p43