Potato Chip Chicken Strips Recipe
This novel recipe is a fast and tasty change from fried chicken.—Sister Judith LaBrozzi, Canton, Ohio
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (12 ounces) potato chips, crushed
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salsa, barbecue sauce or sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and seasonings. Place crushed potato chips in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken strips in sour cream mixture, then coat with potato chips. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter.
Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with salsa or sauce.
Freeze option: Transfer cooled chicken strips to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, reheat chicken strips in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 6 main-dish or 10 appetizer servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 625 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC