My 5-year-old wanted to bake a cake with potato chips and bananas. I couldn't quite manage that, but I did combine two cookie recipes to create these. They are stunningly delicious, and everyone tells me they are addictive! —Rebecca Emmons, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Recommended: Our Most-Shared Recipes Ever
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed baked potato chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in bananas, eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Potato Chip Banana Bread Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p156
Reviews for Potato Chip Banana Bread Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review