Potato Chip and Pecan Cookies
These treats get their crunch from potato chips and pecans. My grandson, Cameron, enjoys helping make these deliciously different cookies, which are a family favorite.—Dona McCloskey, Minerva, Ohio
30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Gradually add flour; beat just until combined. Stir in
- potato chips and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 232 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.