- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 to 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Combine the oil, rosemary, thyme, basil and garlic; drizzle over chicken. Top with potatoes, squash, onion and butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil over mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Potato Chicken Packets
Sort By :
"Made this tonight and we loved it! So easy and no cleanup to speak of! I used fresh rosemary, thyme and basil since I have them growing just out the door! Used Carrots since I did not have potatoes and zucchini for the yellow sq. same reason. Lots of Vidalia onion too! Can easily be changed out with whatever you have on hand!"
"I followed this recipe exactly but unfortunately the only thing that cooked properly was the chicken. The vegetables were rock hard and the seasonings were overpowering. I would have nuked the vegetables to finish them off but we didn't like the strong flavors of the seasonings and after a couple of bites no one wanted to eat any more."
"Can be made in oven, at 350 degrees;35-40 min. I used parchment paper first then surround w/foil put in baking pan-this kept the chicken more moist,had some fluids in bottom of paper, which was good as I marinade first-didn't use potatoes, just yellow &red peppers-nxt time I'll add potatoes!"
"My husband has made similar meals with ground beef, but using chicken would be a great alternative. I will certainly keep this one in mind for the next grill meal."
"Girl Scouts have done a version of this for years!"