Potato Chicken Packets
Pam Hall of Elizabeth City, North Carolina seasons chicken breasts with a delightful combination of herbs before topping each with veggies. "Servings are individually wrapped in foil," explains Pam, "so I can enjoy nature's beauty in my backyard while the packets cook on the grill."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 to 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil
- (about 12 in. square). Combine the oil, rosemary, thyme, basil and
- garlic; drizzle over chicken. Top with potatoes, squash, onion and
- butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil over mixture and
- seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 306 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium,