Potato Chicken Packets Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 to 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Combine the oil, rosemary, thyme, basil and garlic; drizzle over chicken. Top with potatoes, squash, onion and butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil over mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Potato Chicken Packets(12)
Sort By :
Made this tonight and we loved it! So easy and no cleanup to speak of! I used fresh rosemary, thyme and basil since I have them growing just out the door! Used Carrots since I did not have potatoes and zucchini for the yellow sq. same reason. Lots of Vidalia onion too! Can easily be changed out with whatever you have on hand!
I followed this recipe exactly but unfortunately the only thing that cooked properly was the chicken. The vegetables were rock hard and the seasonings were overpowering. I would have nuked the vegetables to finish them off but we didn't like the strong flavors of the seasonings and after a couple of bites no one wanted to eat any more.
Can be made in oven, at 350 degrees;35-40 min. I used parchment paper first then surround w/foil put in baking pan-this kept the chicken more moist,had some fluids in bottom of paper, which was good as I marinade first-didn't use potatoes, just yellow &red peppers-nxt time I'll add potatoes!
My husband has made similar meals with ground beef, but using chicken would be a great alternative. I will certainly keep this one in mind for the next grill meal.
Girl Scouts have done a version of this for years!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >