Pam Hall of Elizabeth City, North Carolina seasons chicken breasts with a delightful combination of herbs before topping each with veggies. "Servings are individually wrapped in foil," explains Pam, "so I can enjoy nature's beauty in my backyard while the packets cook on the grill."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 to 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Combine the oil, rosemary, thyme, basil and garlic; drizzle over chicken. Top with potatoes, squash, onion and butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil over mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato Chicken Packets in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Potato Chicken Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review