French-fried onions, potato chips and cheddar cheese provide a pleasant golden color to this dish. It's a meat-and-potato lover's dream come true!— Nicki Ussery, Mt. Sterling, Illinois
Recommended: Make-Ahead Graduation Party Food
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
- 1/2 cup crushed french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and salt. Stir in chicken and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Stir in potatoes. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with potato chips and onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Chicken Delight in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p38
Reviews for Potato Chicken Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review