Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Add the chicken, potatoes, pimientos, parsley, cream, bouillon, salt, rosemary and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in the bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are toasted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 325 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Potato Chicken Casserole
"Potatoes are best when your cube and saute in pan, not boiled then diced. This way they are not "mushy". I have added peas and/or baby carrots. Great dish for a potluck or to make when taking a dinner to someone."
"for variety, add 1/2 can diced tomatoes instead of pimento email@example.com"
"This was very good. I added some firstname.lastname@example.org"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.