Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Add the chicken, potatoes, pimientos, parsley, cream, bouillon, salt, rosemary and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in the bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are toasted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 325 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Chicken Casserole
"Potatoes are best when your cube and saute in pan, not boiled then diced. This way they are not "mushy". I have added peas and/or baby carrots. Great dish for a potluck or to make when taking a dinner to someone."
"for variety, add 1/2 can diced tomatoes instead of pimento email@example.com"
"This was very good. I added some firstname.lastname@example.org"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.