Have leftover chicken? This recipe makes good use of it. The potatoes in this casserole also make it a dish that will appeal to any hearty "country" appetite. It's simple to prepare and delicious served with a salad and rolls.—Frances Gleichmann, Baltimore, Maryland
Featured In: 13x9 Casserole Recipes
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Add the chicken, potatoes, pimientos, parsley, cream, bouillon, salt, rosemary and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in the bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are toasted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Country Chicken Casserole in Country Extra March 1993, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Potato Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2008
"for variety, add 1/2 can diced tomatoes instead of pimento email@example.com"
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2008
"This was very good. I added some firstname.lastname@example.org"