Have leftover chicken? This recipe makes good use of it. The potatoes in this casserole also make it a dish that will appeal to any hearty "country" appetite. It's simple to prepare and delicious served with a salad and rolls.—Frances Gleichmann, Baltimore, Maryland
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Add the chicken, potatoes, pimientos, parsley, cream, bouillon, salt, rosemary and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in the bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are toasted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Country Chicken Casserole in Country Extra March 1993, p51
Reviews forPotato Chicken Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2008
"for variety, add 1/2 can diced tomatoes instead of pimento email@example.com"
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2008
"This was very good. I added some firstname.lastname@example.org"