Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. Do not drain; mash slightly. Stir in milk.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, blend the butter, flour, parsley and pepper; stir into the potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; add cheese and stir until almost melted. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Potato Cheese Soup
Sort By :
my family loved it!! The only thing I will do next time is make a bigger batch.
This is a perfect basic recipe with many possible variations
I love this soup! I add sliced carrot and celery rib, and I use unpeeled red potatoes (or new potatoes, as we call them around here). I mash about half of the potatoes and leave the rest in chunks.