Potato Cheese Pizza Recipe
“My take is a great new twist on classic white pizza and is a favorite of all who try it," says Pam Metzinger, Wilmington, North Carolina. "Simple to create, this pizza is a potato lover's dream! Crumbled bacon is a delicious topper as well.”
- 1 prebaked mini pizza crust
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each), divided
- 1 medium potato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet; top with four slices Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, place potato slices in a small microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the potato, salt and pepper; saute 5-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- 3. Combine the ricotta cheese, mustard and garlic; spread over pizza. Layer with potato mixture, Muenster cheese, cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each: 689 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1497mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Potato Cheese Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC