Potato Cheese Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked mini pizza crust
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each), divided
- 1 medium potato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet; top with four slices Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, place potato slices in a small microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the potato, salt and pepper; saute 5-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- 3. Combine the ricotta cheese, mustard and garlic; spread over pizza. Layer with potato mixture, Muenster cheese, cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 pizza (prepared with reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat ricotta and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 689 calories, 33 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,497 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Cheese Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.