Potato Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 6 large red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the next 10 ingredients and 1 cup of Swiss cheese; mix well. Fold in the potatoes. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Top with cheddar and remaining Swiss; sprinkle with paprika. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: Fat-free and imitation sour cream and cheese products are not recommended for this recipe.
1 each: 321 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.