You can also use leftovers instead of the refrigerated potatoes with onions. I like to serve this fritatta with toasted rustic bread. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
- 8 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes with onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until nearly set.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato-Cheddar Frittata in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Potato-Cheddar Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review