I'm lucky enough to have two daughters-in-law who are really great cooks. They have given me lots of recipes— including this one! I always take this casserole to potluck dinners.
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 saltine crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, pimientos, green pepper, milk, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix thoroughly; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with crackers. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Potato Casserole in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p39
Reviews for Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review