Some folks might call this recipe a form of Swedish potato sausage. I call it getting my meat and potatoes in one dishdeliciously!Mary Arnold, Long Prairie, Minnesota
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Hamburger buns, optional
- In a bowl, combine beef, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into six to eight patties.
- In a skillet, brown patties. Add water; simmer for 15 minutes or
- until the patties are cooked through. Serve on hamburger buns, if
- desired, or as a breakfast sausage. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 148 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.