Potato Bread Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 108 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Bread
"I've made this bread several times now and it consistently makes a delicious, soft, tender loaf of bread. I've also started making this through the dough cycle and then using it for cinnamon rolls and it works perfectly for those, too."
"My advice...don't mess with perfection. This bread is wonderful made just as is!"
"One of my absolute favorites! I add 1/4 cup dry milk and 3 tsp vital wheat gluten to mine and it stays soft and delicious!"
"This is my old faithful recipe for the bread machine. Have made this more times than I can count, and it never gets stale!"
"I've had this recipe for years and use it all the time. I use my machine to mix it up and then shape it into rolls, smaller loaves of bread, cinnamon bread or even use it for pizza crust. I highly recommend it!"
"This recipe makes an excellent loaf of bread in my bread machine. I have also experimented with adding eggs to the recipe and got great results. To make this with eggs, replace the water and vegetable oil with three large eggs plus enough water to make 1½ cups total liquid. Whisk the eggs and water together with the sugar and salt and warm the liquid up in the microwave to between 105°F and 115°F. Put the warmed liquid in the bread machine pan and add the potato flakes, flour and yeast as directed.This recipe makes a very soft bread which rises to pretty much fill my 2-pound capacity machine."
"This is delicious !!"