Potato Bread Recipe
From Omaha, Nebraska, Jane Hutfles writes, "I use our bread machine at least three times a week. This basic loaf made with easy instant potato flakes is so soft and delicious. I've shared the recipe with many people."
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 108 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC