From Omaha, Nebraska, Jane Hutfles writes, "I use our bread machine at least three times a week. This basic loaf made with easy instant potato flakes is so soft and delicious. I've shared the recipe with many people."
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 108 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.