Apples are a sweet and surprising addition to tender potatoes and leftover bratwurst in this stovetop supper. "Having grown up in the Midwest, I love a meat-and-potatoes meal," notes Marcia Graves-Wilbur from Indian Harbour Beach, Florida. "If I can make it all in one pot, it's an added bonus."
- 3 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a skillet, bring potatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add bratwurst, apples, onion and salt; cook for 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and broth has evaporated.
- Push bratwurst mixture to the sides of pan. Place sugar in the center of pan; cook until sugar is melted and golden brown. Add butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Toss with the bratwurst mixture; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bratwurst Potato Skillet in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p35
Reviews for Potato Bratwurst Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review