- 3 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a skillet, bring potatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add bratwurst, apples, onion and salt; cook for 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and broth has evaporated.
- Push bratwurst mixture to the sides of pan. Place sugar in the center of pan; cook until sugar is melted and golden brown. Add butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Toss with the bratwurst mixture; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Bratwurst Skillet
Sort By :
"Very Good! Used 3 brats and added mushrooms and kale. Used brown sugar. Left the apples unpeeled. Cut the butter and sugar in half. Whole family liked it."
"We had leftover bratwurst and I was looking all over for a recipe to make with them. I ended up adding more broth and next time I think I am going to add another apple. Husband said it was amazing."
"I am new to cooking, and wasnt sure about the sweetness, but this was delicious!!! I used a little less sugar and butter but otherwise the recipe didnt need anything! Amazing!"
"I made this last night. My 5-yr old licked the plate. It was good.Perfect for camping leftovers. I had 4 bratwurst, and six potatoes, three about medium and three small - they weighed 1 pound together. The recipe turned out fine.I had never tried to melt sugar before and I added the butter before the sugar melted and turned golden brown, the bratwurst mixture on the edges was getting too dry and dark. Next time, I'm going to clear a spot along a side, more directly over the burner instead of in the center. The recipe turned out fine with my tinkering and adjustments."