Potato Biscuits Recipe
THE potatoes in this recipe make these biscuits tender and moist.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the potatoes, buttermilk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 123 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC